Saturday 12 January 2013

Platinos being reworked + redesigned

Hi there!

I haven't really posted an update on either IndieDB or here for a while after I said I'd be pausing development, so here we go.

In case people haven't already realized, I am new to game development, not to normal programming, but game development. Platinos has been worked on for a couple of months now and I tried to employ the best patterns I could but now it's become a bit of a mess.

The codebase, while functional, is messy and difficult to use, so I've decided to go ahead and rewrite Platinos from almost-scratch. I'll consider my design options a lot more now and try to implement well thought of patterns that have been here since the dawn of time. I'm hoping that in doing this I'll create a much more flexible and easier use system, and speed up development time a lot so I can get this game going! Platinos 2.0 because it's even released, haha.

In other news, I'm slowly adding information to the website but it isn't a serious worry right now. The game comes first :)

Peace out!
-- Jishaxe, primary developer and founder of Platinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment